Tuesday, November 20, 2007

accesorising with everyday items


on a recent trip to ikea my quite clever husband thought that these long containers would make perfect containers for the bulk grains I tend to cook with. they have great lids the lock tight and have a satisfying "pop" and since we have more height in our cabinets than width I was thrilled with the idea.

Tonight, I filled them and looking at them all lined reminded me how beautiful grains are. Their variation highlighted by sitting them next to each other, their texture highlighted by the narrow vessels. We agreed we may just leave them on the counter.

another idea on this can be found here

1 comment:

hunnybunny said...

What a wonderful idea, I have spent years with mason jars doing much the same thing but my shelves were shorter and wider. Now I have an idea what to do in my new home, were my shelves are higher and more narrow. Thanks folks. Grains are beautiful, I bet those bottles would be good for bath salts, even gifts, perhaps...hmmm.